If your sending these journal receivers to a cloud or FTP backend server,
how much time might this add to your DR situation to get a system back or a
database possibly.

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Mike Cunningham
<mike.cunningham@xxxxxxx>wrote:

Main Campus Parking use to use an AS/400 but I don't think they do anymore.
Nice idea. Main Campus uses a VM machine which all the other branches also
use for most admin work. We are a bit of a different beast in the Penn State
world being a totally independent college. I think I might ask their IT
office if anyone does or if I go the hourly FTP route just give me some disk
space on one of their huge Sharks

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:
midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bryce Martin
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 9:37 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Doing remote journals to the cloud

Hey Mike,
Are there any IBM i's at main campus or the dozen or so other satellites
that you could get a small lpar on for your remote journals? Wouldn't
staying in the system be cheaper than using a 3rd party? I'm guessing Main
has a real nice trunk ;)

Thanks
Bryce Martin
Programmer/Analyst I
570-546-4777

Mike Cunningham <mike.cunningham@xxxxxxx> Sent by:
midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
07/26/2011 08:52 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
RE: Doing remote journals to the cloud

All good points and all very hard to determine. Students love to suck up
bandwidth. When sending journals I would think it would only take a small
portion of this since the data is spread out over all day. And in a
disaster mode we could force everyone off and give the full pipe to
pulling down a days worth of journals or do it at 3:00 am. Always going to
depending on when the disaster would hit, time of year, needs to get back
up and up-to-date.