From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dennis
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2011 8:06 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: 36 Environment Library Issue

It's been a long time since I looked at OCL, but isn't your file size test
backward? Doesn't it say, "if zero records, go to GOTREC" ?
"I've been rich and I've been poor; rich is better."
-- Sophie Tucker
--
Sent from my Galaxy tablet phone with with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my
brevity.

"Jerry C. Adams" <midrange@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

This is old school (36 environment), but hoopefully someone can help.

The default Files Library (?FLIB?) is, as usualy, QS36F, but I am
trying to
run a test from TSTQS36F. In the OCL there is a statement (FLIB
TSTQS36F)
to change the files library. Prior to that there is a CL that
physically
removes QS36F from the library list.

There is another CL that copies production files (QS36F) to test
(TSTQS36F).
After that there is a step in the OCL that prints the DSPLIBL, which
chows
TSTQS36F but no reference to QS36F.

The OCL bombs, though, when it tests whether the test file has records
or
not (// IFF ?F'A,?L'1,1'?.WKLINE'?/00000000 GOTO GOTREC), but the test
fails
because it does not branch to the tag (// * 'FILE ?L'1,1'?.WKLINE HAS 0
RECORDS, JOB CANNOT RUN!').

All of this runs under a user profile, which uses TSTQS36F as the files
library.

The file tested does exist in TSTQS36F and it does have records. The
only
thing I can imagine is that the test is looking in QS36F or some other
library because, if the file cannot be found, the OCL defaults to *Zero
records.

The complete OCL in question: Notes afterwards

DSPLIBL OUTPUT(*PRINT) [1]

CALL PGM(PROJ0013/DTOLIBL) [2]

FLIB TSTQS36F [3]

// LOCAL OFFSET-1,DATA-'J'

// IF ?FLIB?=TSTQS36F EVALUATE P58=DTOOE200

// ELSE EVALUATE P58=TDTOOE

DSPLIBL OUTPUT(*PRINT) [4]

CALL PGM(PROJ0013/CLRWKFILES) [5]

DSPLIBL OUTPUT(*PRINT) [6]

*

* IF FILE HAS 0 RECORDS DO NOT LET JOB RUN

// IFF ?F'A,?L'1,1'?.WKLINE'?/00000000 GOTO GOTREC

// * 'FILE ?L'1,1'?.WKLINE HAS 0 RECORDS, JOB CANNOT RUN!' [7]

[1] Shows QS36F in the USRLIBL,

[2] Removes QS36F and adds TSTQS36F to the USRLIBL.

[3] The 36EE command to change the files library

[4] Shows TSTQS36F in the USRLIBL. No reference to QS36F

[5] Copies the production files (A.WKxxxx) to TSTQS36F (J.WKxxxx) and
clears
the production files.

[6] Shows TSTQS36F in the USRLIBL. No reference to QS36F.

[7] Procedure blows off here.

This morning I verified that the J.WKxxxx files exist in TSTQS36F and
that
they have records. So why does the procedure crash and burn at note
[7]?

Jerry C. Adams

IBM i Programmer/Analyst

--