From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dennis
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2011 12:09 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Question about performance of QUSLSPL vs WRKOUTQ

It's not clear to me whether you followed that link, and since I neglected
to point it out before, I will will do so now: The answer lies in the QGY*
APIs. Have a read of the referenced site... Those APIs are designed to work
asynchronously, and their performance will surprise you. Or should... YMMV.
--
Sent from my Galaxy tablet phone with with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my
brevity.

"John Allen" <jallen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for the info.

Everything I found with Google pointed to paging and the first time
always takes longer blah blah blah, which I can understand.

But I was wondering why the IBM's WRKOUTQ was so much faster the first
time, obviously IBM's WRKOUTQ is doing something I am not and I was
hoping to figure out what it might be I always tested by signing off
then back on between executions and WRKOUTQ is ALWAYS MUCH FASTER the
first time

John