From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 5:46 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Httpapi and tinyurl

Hello,

I'm really amazed that you're getting back anything..? Your code
doesn't make any sense.

You are appending ?url= to the URL of the site you're connecting to.
This normally would be done in order to encode data supplied to a
program via the HTTP GET method, since there's no other way to transmit
data in HTTP GET.

But, then you're sending the actual URL that you want to encode in POST
data! Huh? That makes no sense.

If the API supports post, then the whole thing (url=whatever) should be
in the POST data. If not, you should be using the GET method and sending
the whole request in the URL, as is normal with the GET method.

Plus, you aren't URL encoding any of it. Won't that wreck havoc as soon
as you hit the first & character in the URL?