error updating the SQL Server table. In that case, you have to do the update
in the trigger and throw an error back to prevent the insert or update to
the AS/400 record.

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Winchester Terry <
terry.winchester@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's an interesting method...

How is the trigger performance when writing to a
data queue? Is this technique used on high volume
files?

Terry

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alan Campin
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:51 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: SQL Triggers - Never Worked With Them

Why not just do the maintenance from the AS/400? Trigger
fires and writes a
record to a data queue. Never ending server picks up record
and uses Scott's
JDBC API to update SQL Server. We do exactly that with
several projects. Let
me know if you have questions.

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 10:39 AM, Mike Wills