Recently, I started getting a message "Exception - An unknown error
has occurred" when trying to start the Run SQL Scripts component of
This was using 7.1 of System i Access for Windows.
Google lead me to a recommendation to uninstall and reinstall...
The uninstall seemed to hang at the end; the program was gone from the
start menu and the Add/Remove programs tool...but I manually deleted
the C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access folder and clean up some
Trying to reinstall 7.1 (multiple times), the install kept failing
saying that a couple different DLL's failed to register...
I tried installing v5r4 (from our iSeries), but the setup just seemed to hang...
So I tried installing 6.1. Finally, the install completed
successfully as did the installation of the latest service pack.
Of course, when I try to start Run SQL Scripts, I get... "Exception -
An unknown error has occurred" :0 ....what a waste of a morning...
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2019 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact