All,

Recently, I started getting a message "Exception - An unknown error
has occurred" when trying to start the Run SQL Scripts component of
iNav.

This was using 7.1 of System i Access for Windows.

Google lead me to a recommendation to uninstall and reinstall...

The uninstall seemed to hang at the end; the program was gone from the
start menu and the Add/Remove programs tool...but I manually deleted
the C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access folder and clean up some
registry entries.

Trying to reinstall 7.1 (multiple times), the install kept failing
saying that a couple different DLL's failed to register...

I tried installing v5r4 (from our iSeries), but the setup just seemed to hang...

So I tried installing 6.1. Finally, the install completed
successfully as did the installation of the latest service pack.

Of course, when I try to start Run SQL Scripts, I get... "Exception -
An unknown error has occurred" :0 ....what a waste of a morning...

I'm running WinXP Pro with SP 3...

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Charles