Thanks Chuck, some food for thought - but I think our approach will remain the same.

On the question of what would be done differently if it wasn't an iSeries we were dealing with - if it were windows server, I expect we would create a virtual server somewhere and copy the application and data to that. I know of no way to do this with an iSeries OS - and I'm not expecting anyone here tell me different...?