On 25-May-2011 13:31 , Kurt Anderson wrote:
Last weekend we upgraded to a Power 720 from a 520.
After using and exiting STRSQL for the first time in a session, a
message appears suggesting to give Run SQL Scripts a try, so I did.

The utility has its pros and cons, and I'm trying to use it so I can
get used to it. However today a job ran into an issue clearing a
file because apparently the SQL connection had the file in use. I had
only been doing SELECT statements in the SQL utility, so now I'm
concerned. I showed a couple of our power-users this tool, but if
it's going to end up keeping a file in use, I'm going to have to take
it away.

Any thoughts on the matter?

A file.mbr open in Job-A [except as psuedo-closed by SQL] should prevent that same file.mbr from being cleared [by CLRPFM] in Job-N irrespective of language used to open the file. For what reason would the Run SQL scripts not be expected to effect the same?

Regards, Chuck

This thread ...