Ok. Now we come down to the pro's and con's of bringing down your guested
partitions first. Let me toss out a couple of questions.

1 - If the IPL of the hosting partition applies some ptf's applying to
partition hosting, could negative ramifications occur?
2 - If the power down of the hosting partition also includes powering down
the whole unit to apply some non concurrent firmware could negative
ramifications occur?
3 - If you bring the hosting partition down to a restricted state and try
to save '/QFPNWSSTG' will undesirable results occur?
4 - If while the hosting partition is down you replace a cache card and/or
a disk drive could negative ramifications occur? Keeping in mind that, if
done properly, then nothing negative would have been experienced on the
hosting partition.
5 - If you bring this whole system down this way and leave it down for a
length of time could negative ramifications occur? Perhaps long enough to
ship your system from one city to another?