Thanks. Kind of figuring that out also. So far I can do this:

RUNRMTCMD
CMD('\supporttools\DNSCMD GDSDNS /recordadd dekko-1 myibmi A 10.10.1.211')
RMTLOCNAME(GDSPC74 *IP) RMTUSER('downtime') RMTPWD('deleted')

PING MYIBMI
Verifying connection to host system MYIBMI.dekko-1 at address
10.10.1.211.

RUNRMTCMD
CMD('\supporttools\DNSCMD GDSDNS /recorddelete dekko-1 myibmi A
10.10.1.211 /f')
RMTLOCNAME(GDSPC74 *IP) RMTUSER('downtime') RMTPWD('deleted')

RUNRMTCMD
CMD('\supporttools\DNSCMD GDSDNS /recordadd dekko-1 myibmi A 10.10.1.213')
RMTLOCNAME(GDSPC74 *IP) RMTUSER('downtime') RMTPWD('deleted')

PING MYIBMI
Verifying connection to host system MYIBMI.dekko-1 at address
10.10.1.211.

Notice, it still goes to 10.10.1.211? I know, I have to flush dns. Does
that automatically flush after a certain time interval, and, do I hope
that is less time than it takes to complete a Mimix switch? Or do all
clients (not just the i running the RUNRMTCMD) have to flush their dns?
On that i running RUNRMTCMD, if I do CFGTCP, 12. Change TCP/IP domain
information, and then press enter through it, that flushes dns and the
ping now returns the new address.
On PC's they'd have to run IPCONFIG /flushdns.

I ran the remote command at 11:37. After returning from lunch my pings
now go to 10.10.1.213. Does pinging or other connection attempts (like a
5250 session set to automatically reconnect) prevent a dns cache flush
from automatically refreshing on the client?

I don't suppose there's a server command to inspire clients to clear their
cache? Using dnscmd /clearcache wasn't the answer.

Sidenotes:
- Remove any spaces in the subdirectory. I changed \support tools to
\supporttools.
- Don't forget the /f on the recorddelete