As usual, read the help text up to a point, "all libraries in the library list..." and did not keep reading.
I've had pgmr cmd for many years to scan mult source files, defaulted to *ALLUSR (which works), but allowed the *LIBL option - and today tried to do just that.
Thanks for the clarification.
Jim Franz