I executed the following
CHGPRTF FILE(QBRM/QP1ARCY) DEV(EMLPDF) OUTQ(*DEV) USRDTA(BRMS)
USRDFNDTA('MAILTAG(01000000000000BRMS )')
CHGPRTF FILE(QBRM/QP1A2RCY) DEV(EMLPDF) OUTQ(*DEV) USRDTA(BRMS)
USRDFNDTA('MAILTAG(01000000000000BRMS )')
CHGPRTF FILE(QBRM/QP1A2SL) DEV(EMLPDF) OUTQ(*DEV) USRDTA(BRMS)
USRDFNDTA('MAILTAG(01000000000000BRMS )')

The USRDFNDTA and the USRDTA are used by some software we have to do
emailing of the spool files. USRDFNDTA worked - that's the important one.
USRDTA was overridden to STRRCYBRM. I don't have a problem with that -
it will work for a subject line for the email.

What I am concerned about is that the output queue wasn't EMLPDF. It
stayed at
Output queue . . . . . . . . . . . . . : BACKUP
Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : QUSRSYS
Which is the output queue associated with the user running STRMNTBRM. I
am really hoping to avoid wrapping the command in CL.

If I have to wrap this in CL I found that I have to use:
OVRPRTF FILE(QP1ARCY)
DEV(EMLPDF)
OUTQ(QUSRSYS/EMLPDF)
OVRSCOPE(*JOB)
Prior to running
STRRCYBRM OPTION(*SYSTEM) ACTION(*REPORT)

Is something wrong on my CHGPRTF?
Is there a configuration setting somewhere in BRMS to not send it to the
user's output queue?