Wow you have seen a lot of change in your career Dave. I wish you a long
and happy retirement and dream of the day my friend :-)

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Midrange
Information
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2011 7:16 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: Decided to hang it up

I started in the IT field in March 1963 using a 402 accounting machine
and an IBM 1620 computer.

I have gone thru the 1400 series, 360, 370, Honeywells, and finally
settled on an IBM System/38 model 5 in the fall of 1981 and have been on
that platform every since.

As of March 25, 2011, I am no longer working full time. My company has
hired a person to replace me and I will have the privilege of getting
him acquainted with my customer. In the mean time I will be working on
an as needed basis.

As soon as everyone is comfortable, I am putting a stop box in the
flowchart of my career. I am happy that I will be retiring but yet have
a tinge of jealousy of all the younger people. I have seen great changes
come and go in my career. I believe the greatest changes are yet to
come. All I have to do is compare the 360 hardware/software upgrades
versus the changes we are now seeing in Power platform.

Thanks to all of you, especially to my friend Al Barsa for all the help
that I have received from this group. It has been priceless.

Take care and may God bless.

Dave Willenborg

The real old guy

Elkhorn NE