Jerry

We are also looking at some of this. I believe that is you have the keys for 7.1, you can get them for a hosted 6.1 partition at no extra cost.

Another option for testing is independent ASPs - of course, your vendor needs to support it - we do. It does require setting aside disk for that ASP - but you'd do that for another LPAR, too. Difference is, I think guest LPARs can use partial disk - IASPs need entire disk units. Now VIOS can carve things up to smaller units, right?

Lots of options - exciting times in the world of IBM i!

Vern