If you have the specified software (Intel Management and Security Status) you can change it so it doesn't interrupt the shift+esc key combo.

Glenn

On 3/15/2011 10:37 AM, Buzz Fenner wrote:
Mike,

I just had the same problem with a new W7 64-bit machine. See if the
following helps.

Buzz

Product: IBM I ACCESS FOR WINDOWS (5770XE100); SYSTEM I ACCESS FOR WINDOWS
(5761XE100)
Release: V6R1M0; V6R1M1; V7R1M0

Classification: Entitled/Advanced

Document Title:Shift+Escape Does Not Provide a Command Line for Entry in
PC5250
Document Problem Summary:
In the PC5250 emulation, when performing the Shift + ESC keys = nothing
happens. No errors, hour glass, nothing happens on screen.
Resolution:
The System i Access for Windows application relies on the Windows operating
system to pass exclusive use of the Windows keyboard to it. If Windows does
not do this, specific keystroke functions within the client will not perform
as expected.

Often, this is the result of a third-party application holding exclusive use
to a key combination. One such known application is Intel Management and
Security Status software (PrivacyIconClient.exe). In this case, PC5250 does
not process SYSREQ function. As this problem happens due to the presence of
third-party executable and is not a PC5250 issue, no code changes will be
made to address this issue.

Customers will be advised to determine which of the two applications are
required and take appropriate action against the other.

Note: As a possible work-around, customers may try re-mapping the required
function to another key combination.

Mike Cunningham wrote:

I just upgrade to Windows 7 and since doing that iSeries Access 6.1 does not
see Shift-Esc as a System Request. It does nothing. I can right-click and
select Sys Req and get the request line. Has anyone else seen this issue?
I'm thinking Windows is trapping Shift-Esc and not letting iSeries Access
see it.