From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2011 11:54 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Cache battery replacement

On old unsupported hardware which will not have some new ptf's to allow
you to see it at the command line, nor the cache battery option in SST
there is another SST option
STRSST
1. Start a service tool
4. Display/Alter/Dump
1. Display/Alter storage
2. Licensed Internal Code (LIC) data
14. Advanced analysis
1=Select BATTERYINFO
Options . . . . . -list -all
But that really doesn't tell you jack
Concurrently Can
Be
Resource Serial Type Frame Card Maintainable Safely

Name Number Model ID Position Battery Pack
Replaced
DC09 YL1088121002 57B7-001 3C00 C9 Yes No

You miss all the date information.

http://ibmsystemsmag.blogs.com/i_can/2010/07/i-can-display-the-status-of-you
r-ioa-cache-batteries.html