I have never seen a place to set the iSeries to a DHCP client. But you
can add additional IP address, get them started, connect to new IP,
update DNS, connect to new and shut down old.

Now your network guys know nothing about NON windows domain machines.
When a PC or Windows Server that is part of an Active Directory Domain
retrieve a DHCP address, they automatically register in the Active
Directory Domain DNS. Your iSeries will not as of 6.1 that I know of.
These new guys, IMHO, do not know what they are doing. Servers should
be static and not moved around. In the perfect world, your servers will
be behind a firewall with only the necessary services open to the client
DHCP subnet. Your Primary Domain Controller will be with the servers.
Each DHCP subnet would have a secondary Domain Controller providing DNS
and DHCP for the Clients. Each subnet would be defined as Domain Site
with a connector to the Primary DC.

But that is just imho.