Chuck,

Could you elaborate what is meant by "jobs QDBSRVXR and QDBSRVXR2 must be
functional for a RCLSTG [that
includes the *DBXREF] to be successful"? I put our system into a restricted
state (using the CHGIPLA option followed by a PWRDWNSYS) and, when I ran
RCLSTG SELECT(*DBXREF), I recall that I still had to end 1-n additional
subsystems (can't recall what at this point) before it would allow the
command to execute.

Using WRKACTJOB I found the QDBSRVXR and QDBSRVXR2 jobs running on our
system.

A sample of the messages I see (DSPMSG QSYSOPR) is:

Message ID . . . . . . : CPF32A6

Date sent . . . . . . : 02/14/11 Time sent . . . . . . : 11:06:42

Message . . . . : Cross-reference problem type 1 notification 6008 for

request 1.

Cause . . . . . : A problem was detected while processing the system

cross-reference files. The problem type is 1.

The problem types and their meanings follow:

1 -- Inconsistent data was discovered in the cross-reference files for

library QS36F. The system may not allow operations to objects in library

QS36F. The SQL catalogs may not be up to date. The system may not allow

constraints to be added or removed. The system may not allow triggers to
be
added or removed.

2 -- An unexpected condition was encountered

Recovery . . . : If the problem type is 1, request a reclaim storage

(RCLSTG command specifying SELECT(*ALL) or SELECT(*DBXREF) )
Technical description . . . . . . . . : Additional information:
- Problem Type : 1
- Failing Context : QS36F
- Object Context : QS36F
- Object Name : D.APPR01
- Cross-reference Context: QSYS
- Cross-reference File : QADBXREF
- Request : 1
- Instance : 6008
- Record Attribute : PF
- Record Claim : X'40404040404040404040404040404040'
- Request Claim : X'00000000000000000000000000000000'
- Second Context : *N
- Second Name : *N
- Alternate Name : *N
- Second Alternate Name : *N
- Trigger Def Library : *N
- Trigger Def Name : *N

Jerry C. Adams
IBM i Programmer/Analyst
Is that the best game you ever pitched? -Reporter to Don Larsen after
pitching the only perfect game in World Series history.
--
A&K Wholesale
Murfreesboro, TN