On 1/27/11 1:27 PM, Jack Kingsley wrote:
If the [QPGMR] profile exists on the current machine and I use
SAVSECDTA (from the old V5R4) should it restore with no issues after
I run RSTAUT or do I need to delete it on the 6.1 side, then do the
restore/RSTAUT.

If customized changes to the QPGMR UsrPrf object or private authorities defined to that user profile residing on the v5r4 system should be migrated to the v6r1 system, then the appropriate RSTUSRPRF invocation on the v6r1 system against the SAVSECDTA taken from the v5r4 system should restore both the customizations and authority table for that user. Then *after* the RSTUSRPRF, the RSTAUT will apply the saved authorities from the entries stored in the authority table, to the same objects [by name] on the v6r1 system as those to which the user was authorized on the v5r4 system.

The effect of DLTUSRPRF is discouraged [FWiW, QPGMR may not even be allowed for that command], as the cost of doing so is extreme, as compared to the small benefit [in most cases] that could be derived. That user [and other] system supplied user profiles may have many objects owned and authorized, for which over the time-frame the user and authorities are not available, the function of the system could be negatively impacted; and of course the option to change owner of the owned objects versus deleting owned object, to avoid the requirement to also restore objects. Having first deleted the QPGMR user profile might be a reasonable action if for example the QPGMR user profile on the v6r1 system has had many private authorities incorrectly granted or revoked to other objects than typical, since RSTAUT merely replaces authorities on the named objects versus first removing all private authority entries that currently exist. However even then, the better option might be to just remove the existing [all or only the incorrect] private authorities prior to restore from a system where the private authority is as expected.

Regards, Chuck