You're most likely not using client side certificates it this... 23
means normally that you aren't set up to trust the (Certificate
Authority) CA that signed the server's certificate. Client side
certificates are few and far between.

So you need to get their certificate, export the CA, then import it
into your *SYSTEM store.

Getting the Certificate through FTP can be the tricky part... with
web sites it's as easy and going to the URL and saving the
certificate.

But with FTP, if you can't access the FTP sign via IE to get the cert,
I've had great luck using Open SSL to retrieve certificates from non
HTTP servers (ie SMTP, POP, etc).

Here's a great tutorial Aaron Bartell put together to walk people through this.

http://rpg-xml.com/Downloads/Import_Certificate_Authority/Import_Certificate_Authority.html

The only difference in your case is you need to get the certificate
the FTP server is using.

Brad
www.bvstools.com