I'm not sure, but I believe that certain jobs resolve the pointer to a program at the first use. If you call a different name, that doesn't have any effect. The original reference is still there - to the version in QRPLOBJ. This is probably not EXACTLY what happens, but it might be close enough.

So look at my other post for a solution.

Vern

On 1/11/2011 7:18 AM, David FOXWELL wrote:
I'd like to be able to understand :

In the calling program I indicated a new program to be called and an attempt to call that program was made. I then changed the name of the program to be called back. Why wasn't the new version of the program called?

-----Message d'origine-----
De : midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de
paultherrien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Envoyé : mardi 11 janvier 2011 12:42
À : 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Objet : RE: Program won't let go of QRPLOBJ

It sounds as if you have answered your own question.
It appears that you need to end the activation group.

Paul Therrien
Andeco Software

Hi,

While testing an interactive application, a program crashed.
I used STRSRVJOB in another session to find the problem. I
fixed the program and recompiled, but now the application
runs the program that is in QRPLOBJ.It is running in a named
ACTGRP. If I reply G to the message when the program crashes,
I can end it normally and exit to my starting menu. At this
point, I am in the DAG.

I debugged the calling program : this does a CALL MYPGM. I
changed the value of MYPGM so that it would not find the
program to call. It crashed, and I changed the value of
MYPGM back to the original value hoping it would now find the
program that I just fixed. However the program still crashes
with the same orginal problem. DSPJOB shows that the old
version of the program in QRPLOBJ is still running. The debug
screen shows the QRPLOBJ version of the program but the new source.

Returning to my menu in the DAG, I deleted the named ACTGRP
to get the new version of the program to run. Which I didn't
want to have to do. How could I have got the app to use my
new version of the program?

Thanks.

--
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
please take a moment to review the archives at

--
This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion