I believe that was tried.

Jim Oberholtzer
CEO/Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects, LLC

On 1/4/2011 7:59 AM, rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I'd try Chuck's suggestion.

I've had jobs, with the same job number and all, continue across IPL's.
For example, a job that receives SNDNETSPLF's. ENDJOB with the
SPLFILE(*YES) parameter set is the only way to reset it and get it to
start over.

Rob Berendt
-- Group Dekko Dept 1600 Mail to: 2505 Dekko Drive Garrett, IN 46738 Ship to: Dock 108 6928N 400E Kendallville, IN 46755 http://www.dekko.com From: CRPence <CRPbottle@xxxxxxxxx> To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx Date: 01/03/2011 05:47 PM Subject: Re: An old 'mystery job' Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx On 1/3/11 2:07 PM, DrFranken wrote:
> <<SNIP>>
>
> On this device WRKJOB DSP020604 came up with only one job, no biggie
> as it's been a holiday and one job does in fact mean the device is
> still used. Or does it? The job is dated 10/29/2005 and its status
> is *OUTQ. OK that's a long time ago so let's just see what output it
> has waiting. So I check WRKJOB option 4 and, there is nothing there!
>
> Has anyone seen this? A job still in the system through more than 5
> years dozens of IPLs an O/S Upgrade (to V454) with no spooled files.
>
> I'm afraid a RCLSTG may be in our future here....

Using RCLSTG to fix one anomaly is generally not a preferable option.
Probably better to use a feature(s) intended on resolving such an
issue more directly. I believe the ENDJOB feature can provide
resolution for that scenario by using the parameters to remove all spool
files and prevent logging for the job. Even without the ability of
ENDJOB to effect removal, there are also IBM service\support tool(s)
that should be able to resync the work control block job table and spool
control block tables; I do not recommend calling some program alluded to
effect such correction, just because some reference on another similar
issue was made in another message\post.

I would suggest to first attempt the appropriately modified [i.e.
corrected JOB() spec] CL request to:

ENDJOB JOB(######/TheUsrPrf/DSP020604) OPTION(*IMMED)
SPLFILE(*YES) LOGLMT(0) ADLINTJOBS(*ALL)

Regards, Chuck