Michael,

(Just curious) In your statement:

SELECT SUM ( CASE : H WHEN 'DR' THEN ECDEAM ELSE ECDQTY END )

INTO : H

FROM IMSPRECH

JOIN IMSPRECD

ON ECDCONO = ECHCONO

AND ECDSTR = ECHSTR

AND ECDRCT = ECHRCT

WHERE ECHCONO = : H

AND ECHDTE BETWEEN : H AND : H

AND ECDCONO = : H

AND ECOVND = : H

AND ECDEXT = : H

Am I right in supposing that ECHCONO, ECHSTR and ECHRCT belong to IMSPRECH?
Most of the time I see the join fields in the same order as the tables are
expressed, e.g. ECHCONO = ECDCONO (just a personal question of style, I
realize, nevertheless, curious all the same :-) ).

Also, IIRC, the WHERE clause works AFTER the tables have been joined, so
what happens if you change your first join clause to ECHCONO = : H , which
would limit the size of your JOIN file and drop the ECHCONO = : H
andECDCONO = : H clauses
(which, if I’m not mistaken, are redundant anyway, as they are part of the
JOIN clause). Run that again thru VE and see if it suggest a different

Regards,
Luis Rodriguez

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 1:20 PM, Schutte, Michael D <