- --
Pete Hall
pete@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 2010-11-19 17:18, Karl Abbott wrote:
I want to put the help text for my application into an HTML page and
store it on the IFS.

The HTML will contain anchor tags (bookmarks) that allow positioning
the
user at the appropriate section of the help text.

If I go into a browser and type
file:\\iseries\root\folder\helptext.html#bookmark
<file:///\\iseries\root\folder\helptext.html#bookmark> it works
perfectly.

But when I put this into a CL program using the following code it
strips
off the #bmark, which means it always positions to the top of the
page.

PGM
DCL VAR(&CMD) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(98)
DCL VAR(&path) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(50)

STRPCO PCTA(*NO)
monmsg cpf0000
chgvar var(&path)
value('file:\\iseries\root\folder\helptext.html#bmark')

chgvar var(&cmd) value('rundll32 url.dll,FileProtocolHandler ' *bcat
&path)

STRPCCMD PCCMD(&cmd) pause(*no)

ENDPGM

Any suggestions?
Thanks, Karl

------------------------------

message: 3
date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 23:27:36 -0600
from: Scott Klement <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: STRPCCMD command to open a URL from Client Access Session

Have you tried ShellExec? It might be worth a try.

[...]

message: 4
date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 08:43:52 +0100
from: <dieter.bender@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: time/date as key fields

... maybe I don't use left outer joins from a parent with its child (why

should one do this) and so I've had no chance to recognize the effects
of
this feature.
BTW: I'm using RI constraints, wherever possible and allowed by my
custumors; in most cases they don't wanna use them...