*Frequently Asked Questions*

The way I read this document and I have had a number of conversations with
IBM Partner Line etc is this.
#1 Licensing is on Concurrent Users
#2 A Person is a User and 'a' user needs a license
#3 A Person can signon to multiple sessions/devices and with multiple
profiles, but as long as that '1' person is the only person using those
sessions/devices or profiles, that '1' person needs '1' license.
#4 If 2 Persons sign on with the same profile at the same time , they each
need a license.
#5 Any Person that has authenticated to the IBM i, an application running on
IBM i or an application that accesses the IBM i needs a license.
#6 There are 2 types of licenses. Basically 1 is for users employed by the
owner of the IBM i and the other is for non Employees Employee Licenses are
$250 each in lots of 5 or 10 dpending on the system. There is an unlimited
license for each P Group. There is a flat fee license for non-employee(
External User ) license. I think it is like $3000 US but don't quote me!
#7 An External user might be a Website User who logs in looks up some
specific data to them. An Order, An Invoice what ever. A person who accesses
a website and browses an online catalog with out giving an ID and Password
does not need a license.
#8 IBM has No Real Way to track this type licensing under the rules above.
The only thing they count are the profiles on the system that do not start
with a 'Q'. If you have licensed 50 concurrent users and you create the
51st non Q profile, you will get a warning message, but nothing more ans the
sane is true anytime you create a prifile and that count is above your
license. The system will continue to run just fine. IBM Does have the right
under the license agreement(s) to audit you.

I'm sure there will be several what if... etc. Get the FAQ. Here is a link
that deals with Licensing.
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/i/licensing.html