Can you perhaps re-phrase your requirement?

If they don't want to use software to edit it, how do they expect it to happen? That just doesn't make sense - you can't even view a PDF without software (unless you've already printed it <grin>).

_Something_ has to do the data entry. It can be done programatically or manually. If the PDF is built (or edited) to contain PDF Form elements - which is how the government forms mentioned earlier work - then the data entry can be done in any browser with the free Adobe Reader (or equivalent) installed.

Jon Paris

www.Partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com