Len,

The problem is editing PDF documents. Adobe gives away a free PDF reader.
Getting to edit it costs $. Heck, I can't even do that. So all your
customers would need a PDF editor. A better choice might be to create
Word documents. The odds of users being able to edit that increases
dramatically. I wouldn't go with the latest version of Word. A lot of
installations are still running XP so some version of Word running on that
might be better. The problem is that everybody and their brother as a PDF
generator from the i. A nice fill in Word document isn't quite so common.

Another option is just send them a link to a website. And have them enter
the data there.