Oops, I forgot I have my own SECOND() function, and that's why that worked
so well. My bad. Here's a standard solution that works at V5R3:

time('00:00:00') + (midnight_seconds(endt)-midnight_seconds(strt)) second

... but that won't work when the job starts before midnight and ends after
midnight. To handle that, you could do:

time('00:00:00') +
mod(midnight_seconds(endt)+86400-midnight_seconds(strt),86400) second

I used to go here for all my SQL date/time questions:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/techarticle/0211yip/0211yip3.
html - and sometimes I still do.

Dennis Lovelady
Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

I think you meant.

With t1 As
(Select CURRENT_TIME a1,
CURRENT_TIME + 2 Hours + 63 minute a2
From SYSIBM/SYSDUMMY1)
Select t1.*
Time('00:00:00') + (A2 - A1)
From t1

gives

A1 A2 Time expression
16:01:54 19:04:54 03:03:00

The other gives a time of zero.

In V6R1 Sql Referance manual it starts on page 160.

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Needles,Stephen J