SFTP has no notion of active/passive mode.

Regular FTP opens a new network connection for every file it transfers. In order to do that, it has to "negotiate" with the server to tell it which IP address and which port to connect to. That's the part that can either be done in active (client tells server) or passive (server tells client) mode.

SFTP isn't a network protocol at all. It's just an interface to SSH. The SSH protocol doesn't use (or need) multiple connections. It transfers everything through a single TCP connection -- the same one that your commands are issued in. Since there's no negotiation of a 2nd connection, there's also no active/passive mode (which are the means of negotiating that 2nd connection.)