Take a look at CHGIPLA and what exactly your startup program is doing based
on QSTRUPPGM system value.

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 10:25 AM, <jmoreno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello everyone,

This question has to do with the TCP/IP services and the control that the
System have at V5R4 and
How the system resumes this control when the machine is placed in a
restricted state and the subsystems are being activated manually
(Is TCP/IP started as part of one of the QUSER or QSYSWRK jobs at V5r4 ...
?)

Our production machine runs 24/7 and rarely goes thru an IPL
Way back before V5R4 Auto Start Up program used to control the activation
of the TCP/IP services.

My question has to do with the following ...:

Our production machine is currently at V5R4
If the Machine goes thru a Normal IPL the System controls the STRTCP and
the TCP/IP services that are expected to be active ... and everything
works fine ...

But ...
If we have our Machine in a restricted state or If we have IPL the machine
manually and is in a restricte state ...
Is is possible to Start the TCP/IP services "only and only those" that
have been defined as allowable in the System TCP/IP setup display pannels
? No more, no less ..

The reason for the question is that we are looking at minimizing the
downtime in the case of a Disaster Recover/High Availability event and we
need to respond
with some level of coordination between the Primary and Secondary Machine
and the "New-Primary"/"New-Secondary" Machines .. and an IPL is not always
the best solution.

If we can get to resolve the TCP/IP issue .. it will be a great gain

Something like .. To TCP/IP Or/Not To TCP/IP ... Let the System do its
thing -or- The Operational Users need to exactly do their TCP/IP thing ...
that is the question ... !

Jorge Moreno
Military Car Sales
Woodbury, New York

This email, including its attachments, may contain information that is
confidential and may be protected by federal and/or state laws and
regulations, or other confidentiality privileges. This email, including
its attachments, may contain non-public information, therefore it is
intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). If you are
not an intended recipient, please delete this email, including its
attachments, and notify the sender. The unauthorized use, dissemination,
distribution or reproduction of this email, including its attachments, is
prohibited and may be unlawful.