If you can, journal the file for a while. That will tell you exactly
what is happening.

Albert

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 5:05 AM, Charles Wilt <charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
James,

If I'm reading that right, it sounds as if another process is writing
out the record correct?

In that case, does the other process have the file specified as
output-only?  If so, then my guess would be that the RPG program in
the other process is buffering the writes.  So the DB doesn't see that
record till other process closes...

If the customer can change the other process, see if they can add a
FEOD(n) to it.  I wouldn't do it after every record, but do it before
the process goes back to it's wait state.

If the code can't be changed, one external way to force RPG to not
buffer the writes, would be to create a unique index over some set of
fields in the file.

HTH,
Charles