From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bob P. Roche
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 8:57 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: passing Call commands (with parms) from program to program

Have you tried looking at how your sbmjob is formed?

'SBMJOB cmd(call Program_Y ('PROGRAM_B ' '39' 'CALL PGM(PROGRAM_B)
PARM('7100109958')')) JOB(PROGRAM_B) JOBD(*USRPRF) JOBQ(*JOBD) JOBPTY(3)
HOLD(*JOBD)'

Your cmd breaks down into
call Program_Y
The parm list for program_Y is:
'PROGRAM_B '
'39'
'CALL PGM(PROGRAM_B) PARM('
7100109958
')'
)
If you look at it this way and read the error, it doesn't like the 7 from
the 7100109958 part of your parms. You need to handle the quotes in your
parm string differently. as single quotes they aren't the quote character,
they are acting as the quote delimiter to a character parm.