From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dennis Lovelady
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 5:23 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Copy source file member to pc

Maybe I'm old school. Certainly the PC has vastly superior tools for source

comparison, printing and the like, but I think the loss of source date is a
mistake. This is true especially but not exclusively for those
installations where there is no change management installed. For that
reason I have developed my own set of source exchange utilities that pull
source files to the IFS (and back again). It also optionally zips and
optionally puts into a flat structure instead of lib/file/member. But it
also maintains the sequence number / source date (also optionally), and as
an added benefit, the date of the IFS file will match the date of the last
change. I really designed it for exchange between my work and my home
systems, but it could have other uses. (My not-ready-for-prime-time
makeRGPfree utility deals with both formats (with/without change date.)

I hadn't thought about making SRCTOSTMF and STMFTOSRC shareable until now,
but if others are interested....

Dennis Lovelady