"estimate exactly"

Is an oxymoron, you can have an estimate or an exact calculation.

Off the top of my head, I can't tell you how much overhead there is
per BLOB, I just know I've seen it. There's also overhead for the
table object itself. Feel free to google for the information
yourself. An estimate has always been good enough for me.

As far as the PDF goes, open it up in a hex editor...if you can see
your text, then it is uncompressed. Also you might see
"FlateDecode>>stream" at the beginning which indicates the text is
compressed. Unless the PDF was done entirely as an image, to check
for that, in Adobe reader, do a search for some text you know is
there. If you find it, then you PDF is text based as opposed to
image. Though from your file size, I'd be willing to bet the pdf is
text.

If your pdf was generated with compression, very common as it is the
default, you are unlikely to get it significantly smaller.

Charles

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Ashish Kulkarni