With an INSERT you're creating new records, not changing. K and V are the only fields that will have values in the new records. Any other fields will have default values or NULL as defined in the CREATE TABLE. One new record will be created for each record from the SELECT that match the WHERE clause.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alan Shore
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 11:22 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Cc: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion; midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Statement gives error in RUNSQLSTM

Hmmmmm - interesting. I did not know that Todays a good day So in this instance, there are 2 fields one named K, the other named V that you can change on ALL records that meet the selection criteria?

Alan Shore
Programmer/Analyst, Direct Response
E:AShore@xxxxxxxx
P:(631) 200-5019
C:(631) 880-8640
"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

Tommy.Holden@Thom
psonMachinery.com
Sent by: To
midrange-l-bounce Midrange Systems Technical
s@xxxxxxxxxxxx Discussion
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
10/06/2010 12:08
PM Subject
Re: Statement gives error in
RUNSQLSTM
Please respond to
Midrange Systems
Technical
Discussion
<midrange-l@midra
nge.com>

(K,V) is the list of fields being inserted into.

Thanks,
Tommy Holden