37 is my default CCSID; the existing source was tagged with that
already. It is not double byte.

1252 is not a double byte either.

Charles

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Jack Kingsley <iseriesflorida@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
you try 0037 or 1252.

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 1:29 AM, Charles Wilt <charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Trying to do a RTVCLSRC on QMNSRBND after a v5r4 to v7.1 upgrade to
look at any changes required to a customized version of QMNSRBND...

Getting this message...
Message ID . . . . . . :   CPF0565       Severity . . . . . . . :   40
Message type . . . . . :   Diagnostic

Message . . . . :   Source from CL program QMNSRBND not retrieved.
Cause . . . . . :   A source file that supports double-byte characters was
 used to create the control language (CL) program specified for the PGM
 parameter on a Retrieve CL Source (RTVCLSRC) command. The source retrieved
 from the CL program cannot be moved to member *PGM of source file QCLSRC
in
 library DVPCMW because file QCLSRC does not support double-byte
characters.
Recovery  . . . :   Specify a source file that supports double-byte
characters
 for the SRCFILE parameter. Then try the RTVCLSRC command again.

Ok, well I understand the problem...but seeing as I've only ever dealt
with systems in the US with US users....CCSID's and DBCS are new to
me.

My first thought was to create a source file with unicode, that's
double byte right???
CRTSRCPF FILE(DVPCMW/QCLSRC2) CCSID(1200)
Message ID . . . . . . :   CPF32A5
Message . . . . :   CCSID 1200 for field SRCDTA not valid. Reason code 1.
Cause . . . . . :   CCSID 1200 was specified for field SRCDTA.  The CCSID
is
 not valid for reason 1.  The reason codes are:
   1 - The CCSID is not valid for the data type.

Alrighty then, there's more than one unicode CCSID...lets try another
CRTSRCPF FILE(DVPCMW/QCLSRC2) CCSID(1208)
File QCLSRC2 created in library DVPCMW.

Hey cool, so let's do the retrieve..
RTVCLSRC PGM(QMNSRBND) SRCFILE(DVPCMW/QCLSRC2) RTVINCSRC(*YES)

Nope...same CPF0565 message shown above....

One last thought...
CRTSRCPF FILE(DVPCMW/QCLSRC2) CCSID(13488)

Nope....same CPF32A5 message shown for CCSID(1200)

Well crap....so of the 65,536 possible values for CCSID on the
CRTSRCPF....what should I used???

Thanks!
Charles