Thanks Jim. I will read both links in detail tomorrow.

John McKee

-----Original message-----
From: "Jim Franz" franz400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 20:18:36 -0500
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Abnormal writer end

check the timeout value in the multifunction printer. usually the default is
too small for the way the i talks to the printer.
Check this doc for whats recommended by Rochester on config
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas11e61e34f2505754f862566e20051c3de
I have found snmp sometimes works better than pjl.
Jim Franz