Ryan Watkins wrote:
Is the customer system current on their HTTP and Java group PTFs?

Does the program you are trying to deploy as a web service run into any of the listed PCML limitations shown on the IWS website?

So far as I'm aware, they're current.

No odd data types; everything is passed by reference, and the last time I checked, 26 (the number of parameters) was less than 32 (the maximum allowed when it calls an ILE program.

Now, I'm experiencing some weirdness on our box:

I gave my test program (almost) the same parameter list as the original, removed it from the server, and redeployed it. I tried it three times from the "test service" button, and it failed three times. I looked at the logs, and realized that I was giving it some oversized parameter values.

It seems like every time I ran into a problem with parameters, the web service became completely unresponsive, and had to be shut down and brought back up.

But eventually, when I got all the parameter issues cleared up, and the service shut down and restarted, it seems to be performing.

I'll know more after lunch.

--
James H. H. Lampert