Dear All,

Yes I have done this and add a Exit Program to QIBM_QWC_PWRDWNSYS exit point
and now I can control PWRDWNSYS.

Chamara

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Rameez Raza <rameraza@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Chamara,

I not sure if we can do that as of now. May be I can test that on one of
our
test server and let you know. However just to add something which does miss
in a number of iSeries Shop

IBM incorporated an Environment variable QIBM_PWRDWNSYS_CONFIRM in V5R2
onwards to ensure that when someone issues a PWRDWNSYS, the value of this
enviroment variable is checked and then based on the value action is taken.
Details below

The PowerDown System (PWRDWNSYS) command has a CONFIRM parameter. If you
are
like most shops, it currently has a default value of *ENVVAR. The possible
values are:*ENVVAR – The value in environment variable
QIBM_PWRDWNSYS_CONFIRM is used to determine whether the request should be
confirmed. If the value is set to *INTERACT,*YES, or *NO, the action
described below for that value is taken.If the environment variable is not
defined or not set to one of these values, then there is no confirmation.
System initiated power downs do not use the environment variable.

*INTERACT – A confirmation panel is displayed when the PWRDWNSYS command is
issued in an interactive job. There is no confirmation when the PWRDWNSYS
command is issued in a non-interactive job.

*YES – A confirmation panel is displayed when the PWRDWNSYS command is
issued in an interactive job. An inquiry message is sent to QSYSOPR when
the
PWRDWNSYS command is issued in a non-interactive job.

*NO – There is no confirmation when the PWRDWNSYS command is issued.
You can add the environment variable from CMDENVVAR Menu.

GO CMDENVVAR

Commands
1. Add Environment Variable
2. Change Environment Variable
3. Remove Environment Variable
4. Work with Environment Var

Take Option 1 and Add QIBM_PWRDWNSYS_CONFIRM with a Value say *YES ( When
you want that Interactive user are shown a display to confirm PWRDWNSYS
and
when you want a batch job would send a inquiry message in QSYSOPR ). Now
change the command default

CHGCMDDFT CMD(PWRDWNSYS) NEWDFT(‘CONFIRM(*YES)’)

Hope this helps. I think you may be having this set in your iSeries Shop.

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Musselman, Paul <