From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pete Massiello
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 3:45 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: resurrection of a 520

Do a 65+21 until you get the 03 for LAN Console (A603500B), and then hit the
21 (Will switch to A603500C). You will also need to enable the Internal
adapters (A6E1500B) with the 65+21 (using T5 or T6, I don't know what T1 is,
but if you are doing LAN Console, use T5).

Put your i_BASE_01 disk into the CD drive, and perform a D Mode IPL in
manual mode. Then next screen you will see will be all blank and towards the
bottom will be 2924. Easy as cake. Will now need to install Lic and take
option 2 to install and initialize the system. You will probably have to
initialize the disks if you have lost the raid sets.

Pete

Pete Massiello
iTech Solutions
http://www.itechsol.com