It has been awhile, but if you describe the field as numeric, it shouldn't allow the blank to be entered...regardless of tab or field exit.

As I said...it has been awhile since I wrote a display file (15+ years!)!

-steve

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Schutte, Michael D
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 4:29 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Display File spaces in number input fields.

In a display file you can mark a field to require field exit. However, it doesn't prevent you from hitting tab and then hitting enter and submitting the screen to the RPG program. The issue I'm having is that a user can put a 1 in the first space of the field and then put two spaces followed by another number. So it looks like this...

1 1. After tabbing from the field (instead of field exit) and then pressing enter, the number is changed to 1001 after the RPG program redisplays the screen. How can I prevent this?

Thank you,

Michael Schutte
Programmer Analyst
(w) 614-492-7419
[emailimage]
Announcing Bob Evans Bob-B-Q(r) Road Trip! For a limited time, America's best Bob-B-Q(r) tastes are all at Bob Evans!
For more information, visit http://www.bobevans.com/menu/seasonal.aspx

This communication, including attachments, is confidential, may be subject to legal privileges, and is intended for the sole use of the addressee. Any use, duplication, disclosure or dissemination of this communication, other than by the addressee, is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete or destroy this communication and all copies.