I have an idea. Do a web search on how to ask a question, and then get back
to us.

As a hint, you may find suggestions like: giving some idea what the error
message was; showing snippets from relevant code; providing joblogs, that
sort of thing.

Or we could all make a guess. For me, I would suspect lines 14 and 27 of
your starting program. Start there.

Dennis Lovelady
"Every time a lawyer writes something, he is not writing for posterity, he
is writing so that endless others of his craft can make a living out of
trying to figure out what he said."
-- Will Rogers

We've been running Scott Klement's HTTP utility to grab currency
conversion data for a couple of months now. It had been working fine
but in the last few weeks, we've been getting errors. This is a V5R2
machine and as far as I know we're not using any other HTTP services.

Problem happened yesterday, I checked then deleted the debug file,
reran
the program and it worked fine. Today, tried same thing, still an
error.

Anyone have any ideas?

Bill

This is what is in the debug file:

recvresp(): entered
HTTP/1.1 100 Continue

SetError() #13: HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
senddoc(): entered
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"
standalone="no"?><SOAP:Envelope
xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
xmlns:tns="http://www.webserviceX.NET/";><SOAP:Body>
<tns:ConversionRate> <tns:FromCurrency>USD</tns:FromCurrency>
<tns:ToCurrency>AUD</tns:ToCurrency>
</tns:ConversionRate></SOAP:Body></SOAP:Envelope>
recvresp(): entered
HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
Connection: close
SetError() #13: HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
recvdoc parms: identity 0
header_load_cookies() entered
recvdoc(): entered
SetError() #0:
SetError() #13: HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
http_close(): entered
list