btw...

DBU 9.0 is out, and helps with
some index errors we got when bringing up the
database relations list (F14)...

-gerald

On 9/8/2010 3:38 PM, Alan Shore wrote:

Sorry everyone, just noticed a typo
If any of you noticed, I'm happy that you spotted my deliberate mistake

Afternoon everyone
I have a physical file that contains the following fields with some of the
data

Field1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Field5
T #21 415.13 02 20
T #21 415.13 12 20
T #21 415.13 22 20
T #8 545.17 03 20
T #8 545.17 13 20
T #8 545.17 23 20
T #MO 973.78 04 20
T #MO 973.78 14 20
T #MO 973.78 24 20
T #36C 1564.00 05 15
T #36C 1564.00 15 15
T #36C 1564.00 25 15
etc

I have used the following SQL to create a view of distinct Field2, Field3&
Field5
create view library/Filename
(Field2, Field3, Field5)
as
SELECT DISTINCT Field2, Field3, Field5 library/physfile

Now the view is created and I can use SQL to display the data,

#21 415.13 20
#8 545.17 20
#MO 973.78 20
#36C 1,564.00 15
C2B 2,173.50 15
2T 2,902.50 15
3T 4,117.50 10

but when I use DBU over the view I receive
Attempt to divide by zero
When I F1 over this message I see

Message . . . . : Attempt to divide by zero (C G D F).
Cause . . . . . : RPG procedure DBU0061 in program DBU80/DBU0061 at
statement 1001 tried to divide by zero.
Recovery . . . : Contact the person responsible for program maintenance
determine the cause of the problem.

Have I done something wrong?
Have I done somethingstupid?

As always, any and all replied MUCH appreciated

Alan Shore
Programmer/Analyst, Direct Response
E:AShore@xxxxxxxx
P:(631) 200-5019
C:(631) 880-8640
"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill