Len -

CPFA097 is a generic message indicating that an error occurred.

On the command line of the 5250 session where you ran the CPYTOSTMF command,
type DSPJOBLOG, then on the Display Job Log screen press F10, then page back
through the messages to see the /real/ error which occurred. (This is also
documented in the 2nd-level text of the CPFA097 message.)

Please show the /exact/ CPYTOSTMF command that gave the error, along with
the other relevant messages found in the job log...

- sjl

Len wrote:
Paul,

Thanks for the code - I keep getting a CPFA097 error and to honest with
you I have no idea what/how this works.

If you would be so kind as to elaborate on this I would very much
appreciated it.

(I am using a flat file hsbcchkf1 and the file is in qgpl)

Pau wrote:
Len,

I have a customer who fought with the bank for months over
the same issue, and the bank refused to budge for him.
Apparently the bank views him as too small a customer.

We ended up using CPYTOSTMF to place the file into the IFS.
Here's the code
snippet:

ELSE CMD(CPYTOSTMF +
FROMMBR('/qsys.lib/qtemp.lib/pospayapf.file+
/pospayapf.mbr') TOSTMF(&STMFILE) +
STMFOPT(*REPLACE) ENDLINFMT(*FIXED) +
STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII))

Paul Nelson