From: Walt Madden <walterross@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: SSH Client to syslog: How to send
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, September 6, 2010, 12:27 PM

Scott Klement wrote:

I did hear that they were planning to add exit points to SSH

I will second Scott's statements regarding syslog being intended for server
logging -- I've also never heard of a client program (OpenSSH or otherwise)
that would log information to syslog.

As for exit points in the IBM i port of OpenSSH -- there are no plans to add
Exit Points to the OpenSSH on IBM i software.  However, some of the function
you might expect to use exit points for are available in configuration
options supported by OpenSSH:

"chroot jail" -- SSH-connected users are placed into a subdirectory of the
file system (masking off any access to the rest of the file system)

sshd_config configuration options: DenyUsers, AllowUsers, DenyGroups,
AllowGroups -- these options are lists of userids or groupids that are
denied or allowed access via SSH