Sorry, disregard for option 21. End iTera primary, end backup, take 21, start the backup, start the primary.

no... You use mrrendjob command from the production system which 1) suspends the apply jobs on the backup and 2) sends and executes a command (call a program) to perform the backup to tape or other media from the backup system. The primary continues to run, uninterrupted and the backup, even if it's a save-while-active, takes a true point-in-time backup.