Dang! What's your OS version? What are the SMTP configuration parameters?
(CFGTCPSMTP <F4> / CHGSMTPA <F4>)

I will say that I have never seen a mail log generated by the QtmmSendMail
API, though I'd have done a lot to get that at some point in my past.

I will have a closer look at your headers. We have to keep in mind that some
servers may not be set to exactly the right time, but it looks like the
ELIJA.UNBEATENPATH server held on to the message for three of those minutes.
The configuration of the Mail Transport Agent on that server should be
reviewed. I'll look more closely during my commute.

Dennis Lovelady
"A banker warned the British poet Robert Graves that one could not grow rich
writing poetry. He replied that if there was no money in poetry, there was
certainly no poetry in money, and so it was all even."
-- Robert Graves

Well, here's the text generated by the program as the e-mail (and into
the
joblog). Notice in the outgoing text that it went at 21:50:53, but I
didn't
receive it until 21:59. And, by the way, my e-mail client is set to
automatically send/receive every 1 minute. You'd think I should have
gotten
it within 2 minutes, no?

Connection to localhost established

220 ELIJAH Service ready.

HELO ELIJAH.UNBEATENPATH

250 ELIJAH.

MAIL FROM:<Needle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

250 OK.

RCPT TO:<email@xxxxxxxxxxx

250 OK.

DATA

354 Enter mail body. End mail with a '.' in column 1 on a line by
itself.