Jack,

Using BRMS makes it even easier to properly handle this issue; either
via an omit or a save while active.

I assume they are already using save while active within BRMS for the
library objects. It shouldn't be to big a deal for them to save the
IFS directory while active.

Ops may own/run/monitor the backups....but unless the system is being
brought down into a restricted stated for a full system save for
_every_ save, ops can not ensure a reliable backup without the help of
the application team. The application team should have half-ownership
so they can help answer the what/when/how the backup needs to be done
in order to have a reliable backup of the application.

I've seen and heard of plenty of issues when Ops and the application
team don't work together to setup/maintain the backup.

Charles