Happy Monday!

We are finally moving from our 620 to an 810. Getting a little closer to
the 21st Century:-)

IBM is coming today to setup the 810.

Coming from V4R5 and going to end up at V5R4M5 on the 810. We are not
going to go past V5R4M5 because of the modifications we have made to our
ERP software, MAPICS, and I am a 1 person shop.

We have another box, a 270, to use an intermediary step.

I know we can't go up more than 2 levels, so we are going to use the 270
as a go between.

The 270 is at V5R4M5 already, but I would like to bring it down to V5R2 so
I can restore my 620 onto it in one step.

The overall/tentative/high level plan I have is this:
1) Do a GO SAVE 21 on the 270, to save the V5R4M5 version
2) Bring the 270 down to V5R2
3) Restore everything I have on the 620 to the 270, to get all of my
Security, Subsystems, OUTQs, etc. there. I have a GO SAVE 21 for this.
4) Do a GO SAVE 21 on the 270
5) Restore from the 270 to the 810, just the 'System' stuff,
Security, OUTQs, Subsystems, etc..
6) Restore V5R4M5 on the 270
7) Save all of my application software on the 620
8) Restore application software on the 810

Does this sound like it would work?

Would restoring my GO SAVE 21 on the 620 onto the 270 bring the 270 down
to V5R2? If not, I have CDs for V5R2. How do I apply them?

It has been 200,000,000 million years since I have done anything like
this, so I am a little rusty on the System Admin/PTF/OS stuff.

Any advice/help/tidbits would be appreciated.

Thanx,

Nick

Nick Radich
Sr. Programmer/Analyst