Vendor response.

You may want to check out the eXtreme CL Message Monitor capability
documented here <http://www.powercl.com/xcl/19/125>. The message monitor
command group gives you the ability to immediately have a program called, a
data queue entry sent, or a cmd to be run when a given message (or one of
several messages) is sent to a queue such as QSYSOPR, QHST, a job log, etc.
The Message Monitor has a one time charge of $59.95 per system serial number
(it isn't usage based) and includes upgrades.

This approach, in my opinion (though I'm a bit biased), is superior to
polling to detect the problem (among other things you then need to monitor
the poller) and allows immediate detection and recovery (no delays for the
poller to run or for a scheduled reset to kick off).

End vendor response.

Bruce Vining